Kaizen and Lean go hand-in-hand. Lean aims to reduce wastes while improving quality and Kaizen is the strategy of continually making improvements around the workplace. All of these small improvements will add up to more noticeable changes and ultimately affect the bottom line.
In this Tedx Talk, Mike Morrill explains how Kaizen has impacted his life. Morrill’s introduction to Lean was through the teachings of Paul Akers, a self-described “Lean maniac.” He was struck by Kaizen and the principles behind Lean. Morrill then takes the values and strategies of Kaizen and Lean and implemented them with his team at work. His team found success and Morrill was excited to see all the improvements that were being made. Watch the video to learn how he was able to share the Kaizen methodology with his family and the positive effect it had on his personal life.
- Introduction to the 8 Wastes of Lean Manufacturing
- How to do Value Stream Mapping
- Learn What 5S is & How it Applies to Any Industry
- Four Principles Lean Management – Get Lean in 90 Seconds
- 5S Revealed – 5S and the Visual Workplace
- What is Six Sigma?
- The Toyota Production System
- Lean Manufacturing – Lean Factory Tour – FastCap
- Toyota Production System (TPS & Lean Manufacturing)– creativesafetysupply.com
- Who created Kaizen?– kaizenforums.com
- Introducing the House of Lean– leanworkplace.com
- An Introduction to Kaizen– kaizensystem.net
- Should I use 5S or Kaizen?– 5sforum.com
- Poka Yoke: What’s it all about?– infographicsdirectory.org
- What are the principles of Kanban?– kanbanforum.com