A strategy often used in Lean is 5S. 5S is an organizational framework that relies on visual management and offers steps to organize spaces, eliminate wastes, and increase efficiency. The methodology of 5S is comprised of the following five steps: Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain. Putting time and effort to each step will make the facility an easier place to work, an ultimately make the workplace function better.
This video comes the Gemba Academy, a company that offers training and educational materials on Lean and Six Sigma. Watch to learn the components of 5S, its origins, and how you can apply it to your workplace, no matter what industry you’re in!
- Social Distancing Signs– creativesafetysupply.com
- 5S Lean Training– creativesafetysupply.com
- 5S is the Foundation of any Lean Program– infographicsdirectory.org
- What are the steps to 5S?– 5sforum.com
- What is 5S?– 5sexamples.com
- Introduction to the 5S Method– leanworkplace.com
- Building a New 5S Program– 5svideos.com
- Leveraging 5S + Kaizen– kaizensystem.net
- 5S – Setting in Order– kaizenforums.com