A strategy often used in Lean is 5S. 5S is an organizational framework that relies on visual management and offers steps to organize spaces, eliminate wastes, and increase efficiency. The methodology of 5S is comprised of the following five steps: Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain. Putting time and effort to each step will make the facility an easier place to work, an ultimately make the workplace function better.
This video comes the Gemba Academy, a company that offers training and educational materials on Lean and Six Sigma. Watch to learn the components of 5S, its origins, and how you can apply it to your workplace, no matter what industry you’re in!
- 5S Revealed – 5S and the Visual Workplace
- What is Six Sigma?
- Gemba is a Powerful Piece of a Lean Toolbox
- Four Principles Lean Management – Get Lean in 90 Seconds
- Introduction to the 8 Wastes of Lean Manufacturing
- Kaizen at Home – 90 Days to Success | Mike Morrill | TEDxUtica
- Lean Manufacturing – Lean Factory Tour – FastCap
- Creating 5S/6S Labels & Signs with LabelSuite™
- Social Distancing Tools: Wall And Floor Signs– creativesafetysupply.com
- Six Sigma Black Belt– creativesafetysupply.com
- What is Gemba Kaizen?– kaizenforums.com
- Gemba – A Powerful Piece of your Lean Toolbox– infographicsdirectory.org
- Understanding the Terms of Lean– leanworkplace.com
- 5S & Asset Tagging– 5sforum.com
- Floor Tape for Workplace Organization– floormarkingpro.com