The tools, strategies, and philosophy of Lean manufacturing are derived almost entirely from the Toyota Production System. To understand Lean, one must understand the Toyota Production System. TPS is focused on seven (or eight) different wastes commonly found in a manufacturing facility. By reducing or eliminating these wastes, the overall customer value improves. The Toyota Production System uses a number of tools to meet that goal like Kaizen, Heijunka, and Jidoka.
This video comes from the Toyota Industrial Equipment channel and provides an overview of the Toyota Production System in less than five minutes! Learn how Toyota keeps their facilities operating smoothly and efficiently.
- Toyota Production System (TPS & Lean Manufacturing)– creativesafetysupply.com
- What is the Toyota Production System?– leanworkplace.com
- How does Kaizen reduce waste?– kaizenforums.com
- Leveraging 5S + Kaizen– kaizensystem.net
- 5S & Asset Tagging– 5sforum.com
- How is Kanban Used in Production Control?– kanbanforum.com
- Gemba – A Powerful Piece of your Lean Toolbox– infographicsdirectory.org
- Floor Tape for Workplace Organization– floormarkingpro.com
- Creating a VoIP Phone System– voipphonesupply.com