Having a Lean facility means to have a facility promoting efficiency and the reduction of waste. Work cells are organized in a logical manner and easy to navigate while equipment and tools have their own spaces that are out of the way. A Lean facility will often use visual communication, and you can tell workers are able to work quickly and efficiently.
FastCap gives an excellent tour of their Lean facility in this video. A retailer of woodworking products, FastCap is a true believer of Lean principles and it is evident in their tour. Watch to see how their tools are organized and why nearly everything on the shop floor is on wheels! Their facility space is de-cluttered, and you can see how people’s jobs have been streamlined with Lean strategies.
- 5S Revealed – 5S and the Visual Workplace
- Four Principles Lean Management – Get Lean in 90 Seconds
- Tool Outline Vinyl – Easy, Customized Shadow Boards!
- Introduction to the 8 Wastes of Lean Manufacturing
- Custom Foam – Keep Toolboxes Organized
- The Toyota Production System
- Learn How Kanban Systems are Used in a Lean Manufacturing Environment
- Learn What 5S is & How it Applies to Any Industry
- Social Distancing Tools: Wall And Floor Signs– creativesafetysupply.com
- Tool Storage Ideas– creativesafetysupply.com
- What are the principles of Kanban?– kanbanforum.com
- Introducing the House of Lean– leanworkplace.com
- Industrial Floor Tape vs. Industrial Floor Paint– infographicsdirectory.org
- Floor Tape for Workplace Organization– floormarkingpro.com
- 5S – Setting in Order– kaizenforums.com
- What all is needed in a 5S kit?– 5sforum.com
- The Tools of 5S– 5svideos.com