Having a Lean facility means to have a facility promoting efficiency and the reduction of waste. Work cells are organized in a logical manner and easy to navigate while equipment and tools have their own spaces that are out of the way. A Lean facility will often use visual communication, and you can tell workers are able to work quickly and efficiently.
FastCap gives an excellent tour of their Lean facility in this video. A retailer of woodworking products, FastCap is a true believer of Lean principles and it is evident in their tour. Watch to see how their tools are organized and why nearly everything on the shop floor is on wheels! Their facility space is de-cluttered, and you can see how people’s jobs have been streamlined with Lean strategies.
- Toyota Production System (TPS & Lean Manufacturing)– creativesafetysupply.com
- The Tools of Lean– leanworkplace.com
- Kaizen, 5S, or Lean?– kaizenforums.com
- Floor Tape for Workplace Organization– floormarkingpro.com
- Floor Marking Tape Applications– floormarkingtape.org
- The Tools of 5S– 5svideos.com
- What is 5S?– 5sexamples.com
- The Fourth 5S Pillar: Standardize– 5sforum.com
- 5S is the Foundation of any Lean Program– infographicsdirectory.org