Do you know the wastes of Lean? The original 7 Wastes of Lean are recognized by the Toyota Production System as the most common wastes manufacturers face. An eighth waste has been added however, and the philosophy is now referred to as the 8 Wastes of Lean. The different tools and strategies that Lean encompasses all work to address these wastes, which makes being able to spot them in your workplace that much more important.
This introduction video from the Lean Smarts and looks at the different kinds of wastes Lean identifies. Lean all eight types of waste with examples you’ve probably seen in a facility before. This is just one video in a whole series Lean Smarts has produced focused on identifying wastes in a Lean company.
- Social Distancing Signs– creativesafetysupply.com
- 8 Wastes of Lean [A Guide to Manufacturing Wastes]– creativesafetysupply.com
- The Wastes of Lean– leanworkplace.com
- How does Kaizen reduce waste?– kaizenforums.com
- Gemba – A Powerful Piece of your Lean Toolbox– infographicsdirectory.org
- An Introduction to Kaizen– kaizensystem.net
- An Introduction to Floor Markings– facilityfloortape.com
- Should I go with 5S or 6S?– 5sforum.com
- The Tools of 5S– 5svideos.com