Do you know the wastes of Lean? The original 7 Wastes of Lean are recognized by the Toyota Production System as the most common wastes manufacturers face. An eighth waste has been added however, and the philosophy is now referred to as the 8 Wastes of Lean. The different tools and strategies that Lean encompasses all work to address these wastes, which makes being able to spot them in your workplace that much more important.
This introduction video from the Lean Smarts and looks at the different kinds of wastes Lean identifies. Lean all eight types of waste with examples you’ve probably seen in a facility before. This is just one video in a whole series Lean Smarts has produced focused on identifying wastes in a Lean company.
- The Toyota Production System
- Four Principles Lean Management – Get Lean in 90 Seconds
- Lean Manufacturing – Lean Factory Tour – FastCap
- Learn How Kanban Systems are Used in a Lean Manufacturing Environment
- How to do Value Stream Mapping
- Just in Time by Toyota: The Smartest Production System in The World
- Kaizen at Home – 90 Days to Success | Mike Morrill | TEDxUtica
- 5S Revealed – 5S and the Visual Workplace
- 8 Wastes of Lean [A Guide to Manufacturing Wastes]– creativesafetysupply.com
- The Wastes of Lean– leanworkplace.com
- What is RCRA Waste?– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Kaizen, 5S, or Lean?– kaizenforums.com