Cleaning up and organizing a cluttered workbench or tool chest can have a bigger impact than you may think. By having a system for keeping tools organized, workers spend less time searching for tools and you can spend less money on replacing tools thought to be lost. A cost-effective and simple options is to use customizable tool foam.
As you can see in this video, tool foam comes in sheets ready to be cut by a utility or hot knife. The foam kits comprised of two sheets of foam and a two-color system can be implemented to create a shadow box effect. This not only protects the tools, but workers will also be able to clearly identify what tools are missing.
- Tool Outline Vinyl – Easy, Customized Shadow Boards!
- Lean Manufacturing – Lean Factory Tour – FastCap
- Four Principles Lean Management – Get Lean in 90 Seconds
- Learn How Kanban Systems are Used in a Lean Manufacturing Environment
- Creating 5S/6S Labels & Signs with LabelSuite™
- Kaizen at Home – 90 Days to Success | Mike Morrill | TEDxUtica
- 5S Adhesive Red Tags – Tag Items without Tie-off Points
- Deming PDCA Cycle
- Social Distancing Tools: Wall And Floor Signs– creativesafetysupply.com
- Tool Storage Ideas– creativesafetysupply.com
- The Tools of 5S– 5svideos.com
- Tool Organization & Control with Foam Kits– infographicsdirectory.org
- What all is needed in a 5S kit?– 5sforum.com
- All About Floor Marking Tape– floormarkingpro.com
- 5S – Setting in Order– kaizenforums.com
- Introduction to the 5S Method– leanworkplace.com
- Floor Marking Tape Applications– floormarkingtape.org