Having a Lean workplace means having a workplace that is more efficient and less wasteful. It’s a system used primarily in the manufacturing industry but is a system that can truly be translated across industries. The principles of Lean come from principles of the Japanese manufacturing industry, most notably those of the Toyota Motor Corporation. Lean is comprised of components like tools and strategies or different types of waste. But at the heart of Lean is a set of principles.
This video comes from a Lean company called Four Principles, and as the name implies it reviews the four principles of Lean management. This is a quick 90 second video that will introduce you to the idea of Lean and the core principles behind it. It’s a great video if you’re just getting started with Lean or you want to share Lean with the workers you’re training!
- 5 Lean Principles for Process Improvement– creativesafetysupply.com
- Improving Lean in the Workplace– leanworkplace.com
- Kaizen, 5S, or Lean?– kaizenforums.com
- The Role of Kaizen in Lean Manufacturing– kaizensystem.net
- Gemba – A Powerful Piece of your Lean Toolbox– infographicsdirectory.org
- 5S: Understanding the Lean Methodology– 5sforum.com
- What are the principles of Kanban?– kanbanforum.com
- Floor Tape for Workplace Organization– floormarkingpro.com